How I Got Here


Welcome to my life's puzzle. For most of my 36 year journey, I've felt like a novice jigsaw puzzler. There is a beautiful picture displayed before me, but a million tiny pieces scattered about. It starts out looking mostly like a chaotic mess. Assembling the pieces requires patience, perseverance and faith, but in time they begin to fit together one by one. The first 26 years or so were spent finding my straight edges - in that time the Lord began to form a border that would frame my life. Suddenly, within the past ten years, the pieces are forming a middle. I can begin to see the picture. The Lord sweeps me off my feet and I discover that life without faith is no longer an option. A piece falls into place. I have a longstanding passion for health, food and fitness. I also have a longstanding battle with eating disorders. Five years ago nobody on Earth knew this. Three years ago the Lord removes a veil to reveal truths I never imagined and set me on a journey toward freedom. He's taking me down a fascinating path toward discovering self-love, accepting His love for me, and exploring the radiance He has always had in mind for my life. A piece falls into place. Last year my husband was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and my son was told no more gluten, egg, dairy, or corn. I am now acutely aware of why food has been such an important part of my life and begin to view it very differently as I work to "heal" my family. A piece falls into place. The Lord has ever so kindly, sometimes gently, sometimes firmly, sometimes hilariously directed me to this very point in my life. It is with great anticipation that I keep my eyes firmly planted on the stunning image on the box cover. Thanks for joining with me as I continue putting the pieces together.


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween "worms and eyeballs" - AKA spaghetti and meatballs recipe

We had a great Halloween. Remarkably warm, it was lovely. Serving "worms and eyeballs" for dinner on Halloween night has become a tradition in our home. These went so fast last night I got to the pot just in the nick of time to snap a picture of the sole remaining survivors. I had a house full to feed, but if you wanted to make this for a smaller family dinner you could easily half the recipe.


Meatballs (eyeballs)
2 lbs ground meat (I used organic beef last night, but could use ground turkey or chicken)
2 large zucchinis
2 1/2 tbsp Ms. Dash garlic and herb
1/2 tbsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 c ketchup (or tomato sauce)
1 egg
3/4 almond flour

Mix or food process all ingredients. Roll into 2" balls (*helpful hint: put sandwich baggies on your hands before you roll the meat to keep your hands from getting icky. Then just pitch - no touching raw meat - gag.) Place on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer for 30 minutes to "set". Cook at 400 for 45-50 minutes, flipping once. Add meatballs to your favorite spaghetti sauce and serve over "worms" (pasta) or, I serve ours on spaghetti squash. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook!